Born in Italy, November 17th, 1973.
Degree in Management Engineering, cum laude, 1998, Politecnico di Milano, Italy. Thesis title: “Strategic Stocks sizing through uncertainty deployment”.
PhD in Management Engineering, 2003, Politecnico di Milano, Italy. PhD dissertation title: “Techniques and tools for multisite production management”.
Current Academic position:
Assistant Professor at the Department of Management Economics and Industrial Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
Official teacher of “Industrial Plants” and of “Management of Production and Logistic Systems” at the School of Industrial and Information Engineering, Politecnico di Milano.
2011-to date: Co-Director of the Italian Permanent Observatory on the Internet of Things, School of management, Politecnico di Milano.
2009-to date: Co-Director of the Italian Permanent Observatory on the Mobile Payment and Commerce, School of management, Politecnico di Milano.
2006-to date: Project Manager of the RFId Solution Center, the applied research center of Politecnico di Milano
2004-2008: Co-Director of the Italian Permanent Observatory on the RFId Technology, School of management, Politecnico di Milano.
2003-2004: Member of the organising committee of the Italian Summer School on Industrial Plants Engineering, 2003 and 2004 edition.
2003-to date: Faculty member of MIP, the Business School of Politecnico di Milano
2003-to date: Occasional Reviewer for Production Planning and Control, International Journal of Production and Operations Management and International Journal of Production Economics.
2002: 3-month (oct-dec) visiting period at the Anderson School of Business, UCLA, Los Angeles (CA).
2001: Euroma Doctoral Seminar on Research Methodology, held in Brussels, February 2-5th.
Current Research Interests
Current research interests are related to more traditional areas, as Operations and Supply Chain Management, and to innovative areas, such as the impact of Wireless Technologies on Business & Consumers. More in details:
- Internet of Things: innovative application areas and benefits evaluation models when shifting from traditional M2M to IoT paradigm in connecting machines and digital objects.
- Mobile Payment & Commerce: business strategy and numerical models for the introduction of mobile payment & commerce services
- Radio Frequency Identification: new applications areas for passive and active RFId technologies, development of benefits evaluations models and of strategic frameworks for the assessment of the RFId adoption path in Fast Moving Consumer Goods industry.
- Industrial Dynamics & Bullwhip Effect: new taxonomy for determinants and triggers of supply chain instability.
- Dimensional Analysis: new application areas for DA and its theorems.
- Supply Chain Management, with twofold perspective 1) theoretical issue: complexity management; 2) operative issue: SCM for luxury firms.
Author of 16 publications on scientific international reviews or books, and over 30 contributions to international conferences. H-Index (2011): 6.